Spring Road Design & Renovation is a Malvern PA home remodeling company that specializes in home renovation and design in the Philadelphia metropolitan area. With over 20 years of experience in the industry, Spring Road Design & Renovation has built a reputation for quality workmanship and exceptional customer service.
Based on the information from Redfin regarding the residential home market trends in Malvern, PA in 2023: The median sale price per square foot in Malvern is $348, marking an increase of 34.9% from the previous year.
There’s a rising trend of homeowners adding square footage to their homes.
For the United States: In 2022, nearly 3 in 5 homeowners (or approximately 58%) remodeled their homes, marking a 3% increase from the previous year. This indicates a growing interest in home renovations.
In this case study, we’ll take a closer look at a recent project where Spring Road Design & Renovation remodeled a family residence to get more living space for the Kehoe family in the Colonial Way, Willistown Township subdivision of Malvern, Pennsylvania. Through this case study, we’ll examine the home renovation process, products used, and outcome to showcase the expertise and quality of work provided by Spring Road Design & Renovation.
Stephen Sarmento, owner of Spring Road Design & Renovation, points out that the shutters aren’t on yet and the front landscape package will be done in the next phase of renovations. They [Kehoe family] are in their new spacious home and they’re loving it!
“They are at the point where, okay, we spent our budget and we’re gonna just keep recouping. And then in two months, we’re gonna do the shutters. In two more months, we’re gonna have the walkway done. So the final picture is gonna look great. but they’re not there yet,” says Stephen.
Table of Contents
Details for Malvern PA Home Remodeling Project:
- Date of Renovation Completion: July 15, 2023
- Location: Colonial Way, Willistown Township, a subdivision with single-family homes at the eastern edge of Malvern PA (Chester County). Near General Wayne Elementary in the Great Valley School district
- Type of Remodeling Work: Whole House Renovation including Interior and Exterior Renovation.
- Interior Renovation: Great Room Addition, Mudroom, Kitchen, Bathroom, Laundry, Master Bedroom, Rehab two existing fireplaces
- Interior Renovation: Doors and Doorways, Windows, Siding, Trim Garage Doors.
- Size of House: increased from 2,600 to 3,600 square feet
- ROI Estimate: Addition of 1000 square feet added approximately $348,000 to the home value (based on median sale price in Malvern PA)
- Goal of Renovation: get more living space for growing family
- Timeline: 5 months from initial consultation to completion of the project
- Unique Features/Challenges: Existing Electrical & Plumbing, Riparian Buffer Zone Barriers, Swimming Pool & Decking Demolition, Relocated Family of four with #5 expected Summer ’23.
Malvern PA Home Remodeling Project: Overview
The Colonial Style Home built in 1964 was relatively old – approximately 59 years old. The home’s layout felt closed-off compared to modern open-concept homes. The original kitchen cabinets were in functional condition but appeared outdated.
Older homes might have systems not up to current codes, necessitating unexpected updates. Home remodeling companies in Malvern PA find this to be a frequent problem.
For homeowners, often, once a project begins, they have to deal with unexpected costs, leading to additional expenses.
The owners were wary; they did not want the project’s scope to grow beyond the original plan and to stay within budget. The sheer number of choices and decisions, from paint colors to fixtures, can become overwhelming. They turned to a local Malvern small business with a good track record.
Remodeling Services and Materials Used:
- Architectural shingles: GAF Architectural Roofing (main roof)
- Decorative Metal Roof: Standing Seam Roofing
- Trim: Azek Trim
- Full Height Masonry Fireplace: Block, Brick & Stone
- Doors: Simpson Entry Door
- Windows: Anderson 400 Series windows
- Flooring: Exposed Brick & Hardwood Flooring
Home Renovation Process
- Phase 1: Permitting, Access Road for Riparian Buffer impact Zone, Pool & Deck Demolition, Foundation Excavation (Footings, Walls, Crawlspace, Porch, Fireplace)
- Phase 2: Rough Framing, Windows, Doors, Roofing, Siding
- Phase 3: Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, Insulation, Drywall, Brick & Hardwood Flooring, Interior Painting
- Phase 4: Kitchen, Bath, Mudroom, Laundry, Countertops, Flagstone Porch, Flagstone & Boulder Stairs/Walkway, Remove Access Road
- Quality Control and Inspection: Spring Road Design & Renovation conducted a thorough inspection of the new whole house renovation to ensure that it was all the finishes were properly installed and met the client’s expectations.
Client Testimonial for Spring Road Design & Renovation in Malvern PA:
“We couldn’t be happier with the work that Spring Road Design & Renovation did on our home renovations. From start to finish, they were professional, efficient, and courteous. The team took great care to protect our property and left the job site spotless. We highly recommend Spring Road Design & Renovation to anyone looking for quality workmanship and exceptional customer service.” – The Kehoe Family.
Conclusion: Malvern PA Remodeling Company Delivers Exceptional Results for Home Renovation
Overall, Spring Road Design & Renovation delivered exceptional results for the Kehoe family, and their case study is a testament to the company’s expertise, professionalism, and commitment to customer satisfaction.
If you’re in need of home remodeling contractors in Malvern PA that offer home remodeling or renovation in Malvern, Paoli, Villanova, Phoenixville, King of Prussia, Berwyn or other communities located within the Philadelphia Main Line, Spring Road Design & Renovation is the trusted local choice for quality workmanship and exceptional customer service.
Contact Spring Road Design & Renovation today to request a free consultation about your home and get started on your remodeling project